Friday, March 11, 2011

MANNEQUIN, DRESS FORMS AND TAILOR DUMMY IN MALAYSIA

If you have frustration finding the above...welcome to the club!

If you are looking for an adjustable dress from - don't dream! They do not exist in Malaysia.

If you are looking for a cheap stand or similar mannequin. Google and you will probably find very few links. I did it and find it frustrating at times. Don't ask many question because, if they don't have it, they won't reply your email. If you are the type to buy and use, then you can easily find them online, a very hand few anyway.

If you are looking for a dressform, same thing, same supplier and I cannot vouch for the quality.

I am looking for a proper Tailor dummy, one that is pinable and of good quality. Not just another mannequin or dressform.

And I found it. And I am going to see this baby tomorow and I will buy it if the quality is right.  It took me a long time to find the shop but I am glad I got it!

More to come...

10 comments:

  1. hi. im living in pj and am currently looking for pinable tailor dummy too? mind sharing where you got yours?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sophie,
    I love all of your posts on sewing thingy. I always have problem buying beautiful dress my size with reasonable price and lately start thinking of learning how to sew but most places offer the malay traditional dress lessons which i don't really want and i don't have any idea where else i can find a class that offers me what i wanna learn. Then, i was thinking i should do learn it by myself but have never really started yet due to many reasons such as don't know how to start, my sewing machine is too old and don't really know how to operate, do not have confident in doing it as afraid that it will turn out ugly or fail. Well, the list go on but after reading your posts, you have given me more confident to start and pursue what i like. I wish to sew those beautiful dresses from the patterns that you have too. Please do not stop posting your blogs. I always dream to have my own dress shop full of my own designs one day but don't know if that will happen. hahah. BTW, May i know where do you order your dress form and how much? Thank you for your time reading. Have a good day! Fareeda from Thailand, living in Malaysia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi There,
    I was wondering where you bought your dress form from?
    Thanks so much,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there, I'm a design student in dire need of a dress form; my college is very far from home and I have trouble having time to practice and create patterns I want to wear, projects even more difficult due to college hours, and so far I had no luck finding a suitable dress form for myself. Could you please give me the address of the shop or street you got your dress form in? I'd be eternally grateful.

    Thank you,
    Koy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there, I am desperately looking for an adjustable tailor dummy in malaysia and it seems hopeless. I ended up here knowing you found yours so I hope you can share where you got it from, pleaseeeeeee~ Thanks so much!

    email : its.graymattress@gmail.com / linghui1225@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi im a design student also, mind to share v me where u buy the tailor dummy? Im desperate because some online retailer dont answer my phone and msg. My email is wlk1019@hotmail.com thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there,I'm a 15 year old and wanted to practice fashion design earlier before I go to collage :)
    Can u PM./message me where u got that dress form mannequin?
    My email:solaria_99@hotmail.com

    I would be glad if u could reply me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there.. can you share with me the shop where u bought ur dressform? I need it so bad. Thank you. My email is afiza.shahira@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adjustable dress form is now available ay Spotlight Ampang Point. But pricey

    ReplyDelete