Monday, April 18, 2011



The object of my desire arrived, or rather was bought and this was more than a month ago. After months of looking for the right 'tailors dummy or tailors dressform', I finally found mine and bought it immediately. For many, one can find mannequin easily either online or at some shops. However, I found that there is a huge difference between a normal dressform and one that is specially for tailoring. The normal dressform or mannequin whatever it was called was a basically a mannequin with a thin layer of cloth covering it. Mainly for display of clothing and the occassional pining since there it is covered with a cloth. However when the shop owner shown me the difference, I was not even hesitant to purchase this baby..whom I called her Sophie..hence the blog name too.  She is completely pin-nable! You can push the entire pin inside this beauty. So, I can chose one that's closest to my size and did some minor adjustment to suit me at the butt but other than that, the bust was a perfect fit. So, I can pin my ongoing sewing garments and also this is what I love most, pin the paper patterns into Sophie, so I know how close the patterns fits me. You can do it with yourself..but can be a bit tricky on your own. I love this tailor assistant and dummy she is not :)

11 comments:

  1. Hi Sophie, I was looking for a tailor dummy and came across your blog. Am a newbie at sewing too and would love to find a dressform as you've described. Would you be so kind to share where you got it from? Contacts and all is highly appreciated. You could email me at aniqs411@yahoo.co.uk. or drop me a comment at my blog http://qahina.wordpress.com . Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi sophie, as QAhina here, i too am looking for a tailors dummy. i've tried google, but as u said in your other post, REALLY frustrating.i only got ebay and it was freaking expensive!! so may i know where u got your tailors dummy from? its really a relief that u got it from a shop, not some online store. u can email me at faiza.fudzaili@gmail.com. i'd really appreciate your kindness. tqohsoverymuch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey sophie, i'm vivian and i'm new to your blog, just found our about your blog when i search for tailor dressform in google. i'm looking for a tailor dressform for so long, and i'm glad you've found yours. do you mind sharing with me where do you get it from ?
    and where i live, its really hard to find a decent cotton fabrics, and if you don mind, could you share with me where can i buy decent cotton fabric too? it would be great if you could email to me at vivianlcw@gmail.com.
    thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sophie, Anne here. I'm also looking for a dress form and would love to know where you found Sophie :) Any help would be much appreciated. My email is annetly@gmail.com. Thanks very much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sophie, Stumble on your blog while looking for a dressform to replace my current one. Your tailor's dressform looks good. Do you mind telling me where i can get the same dressforms. My email is aniqgallery@brunet.bn. Many thanks in advance.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey sophie. just like all of them up there, would love to know where you got yours. if you could kindly reply to lizakodi@gmail.com, I would appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sophie,
    I'd like a pinable tailors mannequin as well. Could you email me to let me know where you bought yours? Thanks.

    Natasha
    vamptasha@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, I am looking for the dressform as well, where to get? Please email me? kavenkan@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am looking for a dummy and came across your blog. Would you mind sharing where you get your dummy? :) here is my email kaye.ralleta@gmail.com thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I too would like to know where you got the dress form dummy. I'm buying it as a present for my sister. Please e-mail me the details of the shop, i've been looking for it all over my hometown but to no avail. Email me at--- army.of.friends.store@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sophie.
    Me too..I've been searching and searching for ages and would really appreciate if you could share where you purchased yours and for how much. Thanks a lot. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete