Monday, July 18, 2011

Dress

When I received my batches of patterns, this was the first thing I had in mind to sew. I love the necklines and the front pleats.


So, I sewn this blue dress, as a test. So far, I've only made one muslin. I've never done any other muslin to test as I find it's just a waste of time...time is something I do not have. I've sewn many blouses and countless skirts - easiest ever to sew. However, I always hesitate with dresses. Unsure of the fit, pattern and worried how it would look on me, but I did it anyway and though its been long finished, I still havent worn it.  It's fully lined and since I do not have a serger, I covered the sleeves seam by hand sewing bias tapes. No one will know what's inside but when I peek inside, I feel happy of the little extra I did.


Now, with a little more confidence, I am sewing my first vintage dress. I cut it and basted the whole dress with pins and tried it on. I was very happy, will post it when I am finished :) Meanwhile, July is a month of buying 'way too much' fabrics. The cabinets are bursting and I still haven't started anything yet, seems such a lazy month with so many activities buzzing on the weekend. This is one of the fabric I am dying to try. Very light cotton with gold flowers.


I think its perfect for a 'summery dress' since there's so much showcasing of summer dresses. I don't know why I am excited over summer dresses, considering that it's practically summer here everyday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment