Friday, April 27, 2012

Vintage sewing

I am a vintage pattern junkie. I spend too much time browsing my patterns, more time wondering which fabric to sew with which pattern and end up having no time to sew. Sounds funny, but that is exactly what happens to me.

While waiting impatiently for my vintage patterns to come, I am now drooling over these...

Vintage Vogue 1960's by Patou, so Twiggy-like and fun.





I am fascinated by this. It was listed as 1 piece simulated as 2 pieces by Jacques Heim, also 1960s.



Vogue seems to have some of the best designs from what I saw, but this Simplicity looks good too,  1960s.





Finally, another big favourite of mine, Vogue late 1950's pattern. Selling for USD133.50, wow..what a price, I love the collar..



After posting these pictures, I realised that I seem to like similar collars. Haven't sewn it before but definitely will try. I started off my vintage collection buying a lot of patterns from 1960s, loving the simple lines, then went on to the 1950's. I do note that the older they are, the more expensive are the patterns. Averaging USD15 per piece to USD50 or more, depending on it's rarity.  Vintage is definitely here to stay. I am taking a day off and having a short few days break. For sure to finish off my current project, a simple dress and to start my self challenge of vintage sewing soon.  

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment